Karachi - A 35-year-old man, Imran,
is arrested after being respondent of killing his eleven-month-old daughter,
Mahnoor, at their home in Sector 4B in Surjani Town.
The incident was highlighted when Mahnoor’s
mother began shouting and screaming and neighbors gathered at their home,
finding the infant dead. The body was taken to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, after
which the neighbors informed the police, who subsequently arrested the father.
Later, however, he admitted to the crime. “I
got angry when I did not find soap in the bathroom while I was bathing,” he
admitted. “I came out of the bathroom and started beating my wife and daughter.
I did not have any intention to kill her. It was a mistake.”
The victim’s mother, Samreen, who married
Imran a couple of years ago, accused her husband of routine abuse and said a
fight had broken out between them over the birth of their daughter. “He [Imran]
wanted a son instead of a daughter,” she claimed.
“We had been living happily but ever since
Mahnoor was born, our lives became disturbed and family disputes had become a
routine matter,” she alleged.


No comments:
Post a Comment