PATNA: Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad has announced a countrywide campaign against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi over ‘growing intolerance in the country’.
“Intolerance in the country has grown after Modi became PM. I also appeal to those who have voted for BJP to help safeguard the country,” Indian Express quoted Prasad as saying.
Referring to recent state elections in Bihar, where the grand alliance bagged a thumping victory, he said that the people of Bihar has given a ‘thumbs down’ to Modi’s ‘divisive tactics’
Reiterating that Modi had been working “more as an RSS pracharak than PM”, Lalu said on Monday: “Our mandate is to oppose Modi. He had come to Bihar with an agenda for development, but later resorted to divisive tactics. The people of Bihar gave thumbs down to his motives.”
“As I have already announced, I would start my campaign against him from Varanasi (from where Modi is MP). I will go to every part of the country and campaign against him,” he said, adding that his one-point agenda after the Bihar victory was to “target” Modi.

No comments:
Post a Comment