The head
of Louisiana's state police has announced that two law execution officers have
been arrested over the incurable gunfire of a six-year-old boy and the wounding
of his father earlier this week.
Colonel Mike Edmonson
said in a news conference on Friday that the two officers were being retained
on charges of second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder over
Tuesday's shooting in Marksville.
Edmonson identified the
two officers as Norris Greenhouse Jr and Derrick Stafford.
State police have been
investigating the death of Jeremy Mardis, who was in a vehicle with his father
when pursuing officers opened fire.
Edmonson gave few
details of what happened but said the investigation was ongoing. Two other
officers were involved in the incident.
"He didn't deserve
to die like that, and that's what's important," Edmonson said at a news
conference.
Quoting camera footage
of the incident, he said: "I can tell you, it is the most disturbing thing
I've seen, and I'll leave it like that."

No comments:
Post a Comment