MOHALI: Shahid
Afridi said he was no longer captain of Pakistan after his team’s walking out
Friday from the World Twenty20 but hindered from making an announcement on his probable
retirement.
Into
the match against Australia, the 36-year-old had roundabout it would be his
last appearance for his country after closely two periods of international
cricket.
But
Afridi, who quit as Pakistan’s Test captain back in 2010 and has also already
called time on his ODI career, said he still felt fit enough to carry on
playing at the highest level.
Pakistan crashout of the World T20
“I
will announce it in my country. Whatever is better for the country, I will go
with that,” Afridi said at the post-match ceremony in Mohali when asked if he
was going to retire.
“I
will see my form. There is pressure, media pressure. As a player, I am fit. As
a captain, I am not fit,” he added after the 21-run downfall against Australia.
Afridi is
highest wicket-taker in the history of Twenty20 cricket with 97.
And the man
known as “Boom Boom” for his volatile batting, has also hit a record-breaking
number of sixes in all three formats since making his international entrance in
October 1996.

No comments:
Post a Comment