KARACHI: Bollywood
director Kabir Khan has been spotted in Karachi to participate in a conference,
he said that he wants to make a film in Pakistan.
Speaking
to the conference, the Kabir Khan told
on Tuesday that politics acts as a barrier in the way of cultural interchange
between the two countries. “But you see, politics will stay the same. Artists
should be allowed to travel and work freely,” he said.
Kabir
Khan said he had visited Lahore a few months back and that this is his first
time in Karachi. He added “My film Bajrangi
Bhaijaan got a lot of gratitude
in Pakistan for which I am thankful. The purpose of the film really was to bring
the people nearer”.
Kabir
did not desist from talking about his film Phantom that met with scornful criticism in
Pakistan. “Phantom was
banned in Pakistan but I understood that because it was a political film. But
even with this film I outhouse light on certain elements on either side of the
border that add fuel to fire,” he said.
He
said activists of both the countries do not want the situation to improve.
“Also, whenever a terrorist attack happens, the media does not treat the matter
with care and instead raises a disturbance. “I wish Pakistani film-makers to
come to India to make films. Politics indeed is an interference in this
exchange and I think our governments should ensure the comforts of the artists are
protected.
He
said Pakistani actors and musicians have marked their name in Indian cinema.
“The more we, the more it will help improve the situation.” Kabir said
participation in the conference is just an excuse. “I was invited to come to
Pakistan hence I did. Even in future, I will never refuse any such
invitations,” he added.

No comments:
Post a Comment