David
Cameron has confessed that he aided from his late father’s offshore investment
fund, which was acknowledged in the Panama Papers, but said he vended his stocks
in the fund in 2010.
After
four days of fractional exposes on the issue, the prime minister told ITV News
on Thursday night that he and his wife Samantha possessed stocks in Blairmore
Holdings, which they sold for more than £30,000 just before he became prime
minister.
The
fund, which was set up in 1982 by the late Ian Cameron, a stockbroker, never
paid UK tax and was based in Panama until it was shifted to Ireland in 2012.
The prime minister said that he and his wife owned shares in the fund from 1997
until they sold them in 2010 at a profit of £19,000.
“I
sold them all in 2010, because if I was going to become prime minister I didn’t
want anyone to say you have other plans, conferred interests. Samantha and I
had a joint account. We owned 5,000 units in Blairmore Investment Trust, which
we vended in January 2010. That was worth something like £30,000,” said Mr
Cameron.
In
four distinct declarations earlier this week, Mr Cameron and Downing Street representatives
specified that the prime minister and his wife were not currently aiding from
offshore funds and would not do so in future.

No comments:
Post a Comment